Re: PCI-IRQ problem....

	Subject: PCI-IRQ problem....
	Date: Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 09:12:17PM +0200

Quoting Bruno Boettcher(bboett@erm1.u-strasbg.fr):
> can't the the mail on the list, and my comp dyed on sending the other
> one, so sorry if it comes twice....
>
> i have 2 PCI devices on irq 10.... thought the irq were distributed by
> the motherboard??
>
> how can i change them? ther are no jumpers on the cards whatsoever....
> i tryed to change the irq in the modules.conf, but the thing seems
> stuck.... even if the network card seems to work....
>
> the other card with irq 10 is a TV card..

That bothered me for a while as well.

Have you checked the MB manual or the bios?  I have a newer MB that uses
the Sis Chipset.  I am sharing the same IRQ with 3 devices.  Works
fine.  I am using the 2.4.9 kernel, which has an option for sharing
IRQ's IIRC.
--
User error: replace user and press any key to continue.