Re: OT: Looking for 10/100 ISA NIC's for Linux project

Gack! $70? That seems a bit pricy for an ISA card.

10/100 cards in an ISA slot? That's a bit odd...

On the off chance you meant to type PCI, not ISA, I'd use the 3c905 card
from 3com. They're supported, reliable, and they're $45/each if you buy
them in a 25-pack from Datacomm. If it's a school, you can probably get
an education discount from a reseller (not sure if a charter school will
qualify for 3com's GEP program, or whatever it's called now).

Search around out there, and you can probably find someone selling a lot
of 100 used cards for much less per card. Or, if you really want ISA and
10 meg, go with the trusty old 3c509. Again, you should be able to find
plenty of used ones there for well under $70 each.

--Rich

John Purser wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a source for nearly 100 10/100 ISA Ethernet cards for a
> linux network I'm helping with at a local Charter School.  I've found some
> for around $70 but was hoping to cut that price in half if I could.  Anybody
> got some leads or recommend a particular card to buy and/or stay away from?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Purser

Rich Puhek
ETN Systems Inc.