Re: Switching to kernel nfs (was: mutt and an nfs mounted home directory)

And the winner of this year's Dumbass award is...ME.
I was testing the mountability (is that a word?) of the nfs served
directories on my firewall, because I turn the workstation off when I'm
not using it (like now when I'm at "work").
The firewall doesn't have nfs-common installed.
I tested it mounting under /tmp on the fileserver, and could mount.

Thanks to all for the info about knfsd and the file locks especially
Dave Sherohman.

Incidentally, someone told me that ps would list knfsd, but I still see nfsd.