Re: XF86Setup problem

montesheba <montesheba@libero.it> wrote:

> Hello everybody, I'm a newbie in Potato installing: the problem is
> my Graphic card configuration on Athlon 900 with ATI XPERT 200 32MB
> AGP (graphic processor Rage 128). I didn't find it in the list of
> cards of XF86Setup.  I tried a conf file with VGA/Monitor generic
> but the screen is always black in the virtual terminal for X. The X
> server doesn't start because an error 111 (it doesn't recognize the
> card) and i tried all the ATI card in the list. Can I find the right
> driver in testing-distribution or other distributions? Any
> suggestions?  Thanks in advance.
  Ciao.  Alex.

>From the XFree86 documentation:

"The driver auto-detects all device information necessary to initialize
the card. The only lines you need in the "Device" section of your
XF86Config file are:

Section "Device"
           Identifier "r128"
       EndSection

or let xf86config or XF86Setup do this for you."

The package you need for potato Xf86 3.3.6 is

xserver-rage128 0.990906-4

in non-free.

--
Bruce Mobarry