Re: install problems on an lcIII

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 12:43:44PM -0500, Troy Elseth wrote:

> Ive ran linux before on an x86, but this has me baffeled.  I want to get
> linux going on an old Mac lcIII, but i have no internet software on it
> and I can't for the life of me get a boot floppy working.  I have a
> floppy but no cdrom on this thing.  The only other computer i have is a
> pentium 2 500 running windows 2k.

Well an LC III is an old nubus computer, so the standard debian kernel
won't work at all.  You'll need to look for a kernel that supports your
nubus hardware, which may be difficult, I certainly don't know where you'll
find one.  You'll probably have better luck asking at debian-powerpc.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/