Re: 3COM and Such Cards .. The Saga Continues

Do they conflict?  The other thing is don't insmod, use modprobe:
that way if there is a module it depends on, it'll find it and install it
first.  As for compiling a new kernel: if you want to do it, go ahead,
it'll solve your problem, kind of in the way a good sledgehammer takes
care of a fly--but if you're wielding the sledgehammer anyways...

--
The early worm gets the bird.