how to make exim run queue only when ppp link is up?

Diald keeps bringing up the link on request from exim. I have only had
this problem since I made a fresh install about a week ago. Earlier, the
exim cron-entry that run the queue was controlled by a set of scripts
in diald's ip-up.d and ip-down.d directories, but not so now. Why is
that? I could of course move the thing myself, but I want to do this the
debian way. I have tried dpkg-reconfigure exim, but that didn't work...

Regards, Stig
--
www.brautaset.org