Re: Mounting MS-DOS on bootup.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 04:11:22PM -0700, David Frischknecht wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know it's possible to have your MS-DOS partitions
> accessible as soon as you boot up into Linux, I'm just
> not sure how it's done.  Could someone help me out
> with this?  Thanks.

Add a line in /etc/fstab like:

/dev/hda1	/dos	vfat	rw,noexec,uid=1015,gid=102,umask=007,	0	0
The uid and gid are for a user dos and group dos which I created. The user dos
has a ! in /etc/passwd where the password entry would go so it can not log in.
I add any users which need access to that partition to group dos. Any files in
that partition are only readable and writeable by user dos and members of group dos. Hope this helps.

--
Chris Nestrud
E-mail: ccn@uark.edu