Re: forgot root password on head- and keyboardless machine *blush*

> Seriously, I've seen LOTS of fuses blow by just hot-plugging the
> keyboard. I don't know whether modern boards are more robust with this
> respect, but I doubt it.

I find that it's heavily dependent on the quality of the motherboard in
question.

My home server (file, mail, web, ldap, what ever the hell I want it to do
today :) doesn't care - it's got a Asus P2B.

tux.creighton.edu (with some no-name SMP motherboard from Taiwan - I swear
it's the last time I buy one of *those*), OTOH, raises holy hell when I
try to try to hotplug a PS/2 keyboard.

All hail USB!

Phil