problems with intellimouse explorer USB

I have installed debian woody but I still use kernel 2.2.19 (the one which is installed with floppy disks) I installed Xfree 4.x.x (the ones that come with woody). And they do not recognize my mouse. So I can´t  execute xf86cfg. When I execute xf86config and  asks me for the dev entry for my mouse I do not know what to answer. And there is no /dev/mouse entry in /dev dir.

I have the mouse connected to my LG Flatron 795 FT+ USB hub.

Thank you

NANO