StarOffice can't find anything

Greetings!

After doing a major update to unstable last week, I find that
Star Office won't start. It can't find shared libraries in its own
lib directory.
So I save my work and schedule and decide to wipeout and reinstall.
Same prob -  /cdrom/linux/office51/setup   returns

./setup: error while loading shared libraries: ./setup: undefined symbol: atexit

atexit is certainly present on the system in /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1 and in
/usr/lib/python2.0 and as a man page.

Wonder what's happening? I do my invoicing and job tracking in StarOffice.
About time I changed to gnumeric I suppose. But meanwhile I need to use
that stuff.

Nick