Re: Why so big?

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 11:48:38PM +0100, P Kirk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I installed slink, there used be a small system option that required 34
> MB.  With potato, I choose simple setup, select SAMBA server and then
> install vim from dselect.  Its close on 200MB.
>
> Is there a small Debian setup I missed?

<disclaimer="my opinion">
If you want a "small setup" you shouldn't choose any task package at
all ... do the base install, install what you need (and possibly
uninstall what you don't; base still has a bit of "cruft").  Voila.
</disclaimer>

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.