gnuclient & xemacs

Hi

(I'm sending this again; didn't get a reply the first time.)

Recently I upgraded xemacs to xemacs21-gnome-nomule_21.4.3-3 (now it's
21.4 ie.  xemacs21-gnome-nomule 21.4.4-1) on my sid box.  It converted
my ~/.emacs to ~/.xemacs/custom.el and ~/.xemacs/init.el.  I normally
have xemacs start gnuserv.  init.el has "(gnuserv-start)".  Then, in
Mutt, I have the editor set to gnuclient.  This worked fine for me
before the upgrade.  Now, it doesn't and I had to change the editor to
vim so I can type this email.

And, of course, gnuclient within an xterm no longer works.  xemacs
reports
(2) (error/warning) Error in process filter: (error Invalid device
type x)

Does anybody know what is going on?

Jonathan
ps. This is not vim's revenge is it? (I have been a long time vim user
but I also like xemacs, too.)