samba problems ?

Ever since I switched from RH to Debian, I've been getting errors from tar
when I try to backup samba mounted file systems. The error is, "file changed
as we read it." There are many of these errors and there is nobody changing
any of the files. I rebooted the Win95 machine and didn't start any
applications and I still get these errors.

Is anybody else seeing this or can anybody offer any advice?

These errors only happen on smbfs. None of the local volumes have this
error.

----
Robert S. Koss, Ph.D.   | Training and Mentoring
Senior Consultant       | Object Oriented Design
Object Mentor, Inc.     | C++, Java
www.objectmentor.com    | Extreme Programming