Re: Re: how to start a riot

Hi Fluffy :)

 Thanks for your reply.

I assumed that FreeBSD was using the POSIX standard for portability and compatibility. Didn't figure it could work with something like a translation layer. I'm by no means knowledgeable to say a lot about this. Would probably make more mistakes then anything else.

Second, MacOSX ... there's another possibility, may be also for windows. If one creates a personality for MOX (nuclear fuel?) wouldn't it be possible for an application developper to recompile for i386 and also port just the libraries needed to make the app run on Linux ?

I don't know how heavily MOX relies on things like finder or the object libraries they're using (cocoa?) so i'm just shooting in the dark really.

What do you say ?

Joris

ps : i've received your message twice. Once 2KB in size, once 4KB in size. Since I'm usually posting/reading thru a newsreader so i wonder what's going on. > i'm therefor no longer subscribed to any debian mailinglist < you have an idea ?