Re: Unsubscribing feature ?? Ex: Re:

    Daniel> Perhaps it is possible to set up some e-mail address, say
    Daniel> debian-user-UNSUBSCRIBE@lists.debian.org, so that when
    Daniel> someone wants to be unsubscribed, just need to click in
    Daniel> the link and send the message ??  I saw this working in
    Daniel> other lists...

    >>  It would be but why should the list admin go to the effort,
    >> the current unsubscribe instructions are not hard to understand
    >> and it pretty basic mailing list manners not to post
    >> unsubscribe messages to the list.

    Daniel> I agree with you, the instructions are not hard to
    Daniel> understand, but, have you seen how many such messages
    Daniel> reach the list ??  Anyway, perhaps after implementing such
    Daniel> feature the amount of unsubscribe messages remains the
    Daniel> same... ::((

Exactly, the people who now don't send there requests to d-u-request
will now not send them to d-u-UNSUBSCRIBE :) I usually just ignore
them or if I ever get really annoyed I could filter them out in my
.gnus

I do think it's a bit much to expect the list admin to filter out the
occasional illiterate.
--
Joel