Re: 3c509b and dos utility to disable PnP; or isapnptools

Nathan E Norman wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 06:01:08PM -0400, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> > What would be better, disabling PnP for 3c509b using the DOS utility from
> > http://www.3com.com ? or use isapnptools?
> > I would like to hear some opinions before proceeding. I was about to install
> > isapnptools when I saw the warning in the lower half of the screen (dselect,
> > 2.2rev3) about some potential nasty consequences.
>
> I didn't think you could disable PnP on a 3c5x9 using isapnp (think
> about it).
>
> The DOS util from 3com works ok, but you could also try nictools-nopci
> (in woody) or 3c5x9utils (in potato).

I use the 3c509b's in various box's, all have the pnp disabled. I have
never used isapnptools so I can't speak to issues there. I have used
3c5x9utils , works okay, but for trouble free performance, for me, I am
using kernels with the module (3c509) compiled in. This is for systems
with 2 nics, one for a cable modem (3c509 as eth0) and a pci nic for the
internal network.
--
Greg Madden