Re: IOMEGA ZIP-100 / ZIP-250 -- banging my head against the wall

* Stephen Gran (gashuffer09@home.com) wrote:
> Thus spake Sean Quinlan:
> > * Phil Edwards <pedwards@disaster.jaj.com> (2001-08-18 01:00):
> > >
> > > I tried this just now, still no joy.  I am seeing something with hdd4 that
> > > I don't see with any other device name, however, regardless of mount options:
> > >
> > >     [~]# mount .... /dev/hdd4 /mnt/point
> > >     mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdd4,
> > >            or too many mounted file systems
> > > ->         (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
> > > ->         ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)
> > >     [~]#
> > >
> > > There's nothing special about this IDE controller, it's just an onboard
> > > controller from a plain Dell mobo.  I tried sr0 and sda, they failed
> > > (not surprisingly).
>
> Don't know if this is much help, as mine is a USB connection, but I got it to
> work by enabling mass storage on USB, and also by enabling SCSI emulation for
> the device - you may need to do the same - this may be the origin of the bizarre
> message asking you to use sr0 or sda as your mount point (in fact, sda is the
> mount point I use).  Again, I'm not sure how much will translate from USB to IDE,
> but it seems as though SCSI emulation may do it.

It seems to me that you need to have IDE-floppy support for this to
work.  From my kernel .config file:
	CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEFLOPPY=m
Sorry, I missed the start of this thread; Shaw's mail server was fsck'd
yesterday.  Do you have this?

Cheers,
Mike Pfleger

There's seventy brilliant people on earth.
Where are they hiding?
"Yashar" -Cabaret Voltaire (off of "2x45")