Re: fetchmail upgrade problem

* Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org) [010818 16:54]:
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 02:40:02PM -0500, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> > When trying to upgrade fetchmail, it complains that
> > /etc/init.d/fetchmail 'does not exist'. Why should it ?? I don't want
> > fetchmail started at bootup...
>
> While this is indeed a packaging bug, if you don't want something
> started at bootup it's usually better to remove the link from /etc/rc2.d
> instead (or whatever your default runlevel is - probably using
> update-rc.d to manage the links).

Fair enough... I just ran 'update-rc.d fetchmail remove' and it removed
the scripts for fetchmail from all the various rcX.d directories.
Running 'apt-get install fetchmail' says this:

Setting up fetchmail (5.8.17-1) ...
update-rc.d: /etc/init.d/fetchmail: file does not exist
dpkg: error processing fetchmail (--configure):
 fetchmail

Regards
Hall