Re: Silly mutt/debian list question

* Vineet Kumar (debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net) [010817 11:55]:
> * Paul Mackinney (paul@mackinney.net) [010816 16:39]:
> > I've recently changed my email address, and of course I've been playing
> > with my mutt and exim configurations to get the new address to show up
> > in the From: header. This seems to be working, but I've noticed a
> > change: When I look at the debian-user list in mutt, my posts no longer
> > show my name, Paul Mackinney. Instead "To debian-user@" is displayed.
> >
> > I figure that either a) my headers are munged and everyone is seeing "To
> > debain-user@", or b) mutt has some setting where it helpfully shows me
> > the To: header on messages that I originated. Which is it?

     %F author name, or recipient name if the message is from you

     %L list-from function

Woops, I realized what I originally cited may not have been appropriate.
Too much citing, not enough thinking. There's the real one, from the
description of index_format format sequences. The default index_format
does use the %L, so it is as described in my previous post, but take
note also of the %F. This makes it convenient to be able to use the same
index_format line and have it provide a meaningful display in both inbox
and outbox folders. If you'd rather see your own name show up by list
mails from you (my, aren't we vain? ;-), you'll probably want to set
per-folder index_formats with folder-hook.

Cheers,

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.