Re: xawtv and NFS won't play

Michael Heldebrant wrote:

> Perhaps you need to have a suid bit set for the program and your
> /etc/fstab is mounting your nfs home directory with root squash?  Maybe
> a xhost localhost and xhost (yournfsserver) will allow access.

Turning on no_root_squash does help.  Looks like v4l-conf needs root
priviledges to talk to the video hardware and user priviledges to talk
to the X server.  This sucks, generally.  I wonder whether you can go
around having v4l-conf suid root if you play with group ownership.  Or,
alternatively, v4l-conf could drop it's root priviledges after getting
the information from the video hardware.

Anyway, thanks a lot, I can now watch TV again.  Hurray!

Cheers,
Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld