making unstable the default

Hi!

I have added the path for Debian/testing to my sources.list to downgrade some
packages, but now there are some problems doing apt-get upgrade. Could someone
please tell me which file contains the configuration, to determine the default
distro (stable/testing/unstable) for downloading and installing packages via
apt? I saw this on the list once, but could not find it in archives.

I have entered: APT::Default-Release "unstable"; into /etc/apt/apt.conf

But I still get problems considering dependancies whenever I would like to
upgrade/update a package.

Could someone please tell me what do I have to do, to be able to install
packages via apt-get install packagename/releasename, but still be able to
install them the normal way (apt-get install packagename - the default release).

THX in advance!

Bostjan
--
[*] Boštjan Müller - neonatus@neonatus.net - http://neonatus.net/~neonatus [*]