Compiling Packages

Hi

I have Debian 2.2 R3 installed which comes with exim version 3.12  I do not
want ot upgrade my base system to testing or unstable as the server is a
production server and I am not sure what problems may arise.  So I setup my
apt sources to have deb-src for testing and got the source for exim 3.31
which is in there.  I am now having a problem creating the packages.  I
used the command deb-buildpackage (is this the correct command?) which
created them all but the problem I have is that the new exim needs libdb3
and libdb2 but when trying to install libdb3 it conflicts with libdb2 and
too many things require libdb2.  How do I get around this problem?

Thanks
Sean

--
# Sean Preston	sean@hst.org.za