Re: How do I make python2 work with readline?

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:

>   Hello,
>
>  I'm puzzled as to why python2 doesn't use readline. I'm learning Python
> and really liked command line capabilities that 1.5.2 + readline
> provided. However, python2 doesn't seem to utilize readline leading to
> some horrible experience for someone like me who makes a lot of
> mistypings.
>  Does anybody know how to wrestle python2 into using readline?

I think it is a bug; python2 is Python-2.0.1, so readline should be
uncommented in Setup because 2.0.1 is supposed to be GPL compatible.
<shrug>

The Python-2.1.1 packages in http://people.debian.org/~flight/ have
been working ok for me, or you can build 2.0 yourself under
/usr/local.

- Bruce