Re: ssh and X11Forwarding

Sorry to reply in this way, but I'm not subscribed to the debian-users
list. Use Cc:

Please read my full mail, see below. PermlitRootLogin has nothing to
do with the problem when using su! When using su you login as an
ordinary user and then become root at the remote box. When permitting
RootLogin you are already root at the local box when logging in to the
remote box. X works for this setup, but I prefer not to use it if not necessary.

Following is part of the debug output when connection is refused. For a
successful session, as non-root, the debug output stops with confirm
x11, and emacs starts.
> emacs
debug1: client_input_channel_open: ctype x11 rchan 3 win 4096 max 2048
debug1: client_request_x11: request from 192.168.0.4 32777
debug1: fd 8 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug1: fd 8 IS O_NONBLOCK
debug1: channel 2: new [x11]
debug1: confirm x11
debug1: X11 connection uses different authentication protocol.

How to find out of the different authentication protocols used for X11?
The local box is running redhat/rawhide and the remote box
debian/unstable.