Long Double in gcc or g++

Hi:

   I was under the impression that on PC'c gcc or g++ implement
   the 80 bit long double. But how do you use it? I included math.h

   WHen I declared long double it does not complain. But when I treid
   to display it wiht %LE the number of digits is the same as for
   double. ALso the program does not recognize M_PIl, the long double
   form of PI which is defined in mathcalls.h. Does it require
   128 bit  for its use? HAve I to define somewithings with #define ?

   I am using a Pentium III.

   Thanks.

   Sebastian.
--