Re: picture browser for debian

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001 23:33:22 PDT, "Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" writes:

>> Anyone knows of a good picture browser for Linux (preferrably
>>  .deb´ianized, of course, but I can live with compiling myself)?

>there are gobs and gobs of them.  GNOME has some, KDE has some, plain GTK+ and
>QT.  Try Multimedia->Graphics->Viewers on freshmeat.  All of the good ones are
>packaged.

Thanks, someone mentioned GQview in a private reply, which does exactly
 what I need (and it doesn´t depend on gnome/kde/ for which my box is
 far too slow).

As for browsing freshmeat per category, I´ve never done that yet, I
 always searched. But I should´ve thought of that myself <slaps self on
 forehead *clasp*>.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- "All software sucks. Everybody is considered a jerk by somebody.
-- The sun rises, the sun sets, the Sun crashes, lusers are LARTed,