Re: xv alternatives

On 14 Aug 2001, Henry House wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 09:25:29PM -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 10:41:51AM +0100, Phillip Deackes wrote:
> > >
> > > I second that. I love the way xloadimage turns the cursor into a double
> > > arrow where the image is larger than the screen and lets you move the
> > > image around so you can see all parts of it more easily. Much nicer than
> > > the way imagemagick does it.
> >
> >     Hmm. Nice. I like it. I'll make it my new favorite.
>
> I've tried xloadimage and its derivative xli. I've had problems with both,
> e.g., some options do not work right and many images cause the program to
> crash. Imagemagick (or which display is the view app) is incredibly
> versatile, but is a memory hog and, worse, it responds very slowly even on a
> fast machine. The best I've found yet is feh, now available in unstable. Very
> full-featured and seems to work right. It's now my viewer of choice.
>

> --
> Henry House
> OpenPGP key available from http://romana.hajhouse.org/hajhouse.asc

feh doesn't work here. It produces the thumbprints of the images but
there is no way of enlarging them, either with the keys or the mouse.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Debian GNU/Linux (Windows-free zone).
For electronic books (Homeomythology and The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Palo y tente tieso. (Spanish proverb)
Literal translation: A stick across your back and keep still.
Free translation: Holdfast is your only dog.