Re: Network card

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 04:40:40PM -0400, Eileen Orbell wrote:
| Hi,
|
| What is the simplest, compatible network card I should purchase for a
| new Debian install?  Thanks in advance

Most cards should work.  The key is to find out what chipset the card
is based on and from that you can determine which kernel module to
use.  I have a couple of Linksys LNE100TX cards (tulip) that work
fine.  I also have a NetGear EA201 (ISA NE2000 clone) that also works
fine.  I have heard that rtl8139 cards work as well.  Pick a cheap
card -- if you pay more than $20USD you are getting ripped off.  If
you get the card during a sale you can get it for as low as $10USD
(the last Linksys I got was $10).

If you find a card you think you want, feel free to email back and
check on its usability.

HTH,
-D