Re: Mutt: folder-hook + set index_format= doesn't work?

* Chris Halls <chris.halls.list@nikocity.de> (2001-08-14 17:00):
> I wanted to check that I'm not doing something silly before I file a bug.
>
> I wanted to change the message header display in mutt on a per-folder
> basis.  From the documentation it seems that the way to do that is with a
> folder-hook line in my .muttrc, giving the new set index_format command
> for the folder.  For example:
>
> folder-hook mbox set index_format="%4C %Z %s"
>
> But when I load the folder, an error message appears in the status line,
> '%Z: unknown variable'.  Strangely enough, the non folder-hook variant
> works:
>
> set index_format="%4C %Z %s"			# Works OK
>
> Are there special rules for the folder-hook line, or should I be able to
> do this?  I'm using mutt 1.3.20-1 (Woody/Sid)

I think you need to quote the "set index_format=blah" part if it already has
quotes in it, or at least this worked fine on my mutt 1.3.20.  I tried
your line as such:

folder-hook mbox 'set index_format="%4C %Z %s"'

and it worked fine, give it a go and see :)

Cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Quinlan (smq@gmx.co.uk)