need kernel 2.4 to install

Hello,
  I am currently planing on putting Debian on a small
partition on another machine just for playing with.
This wouldn't be a problem but the network card is a
newer linksys card that I've only been able to get
going with the 2.4.x series kernels.  I have also been
able to install an old version of redhat once (or some
rpm based distro anyway) and then upgrade the tulip
driver and off I went.  Question I have is since the
woody boot disks use 2.2.19 will they have the newer
tulip driver or the old one?  I would just use my
potato cd but I scratched it some time ago and it's
now out of commission.  I really dont want to make a
new potato cd just to get the kernel source installed,
upgrade the driver, then put sid on the machine.  I
can't think of how to get Debian on this machine any
other way since I don't have a cd.  Any thoughts are
welcome. Thanks
Jeff