Re: Cable Modem/NIC cards

On 14 Aug 2001 09:21:47 -0500, T.Phan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   Is there a way to soft reset the cable modem and the NIC on
>   a Debian/Linux box?
>
>   The AT&T Cable Modem some time loses connection, sometime it
>   resets itself.  Afterward, the Debian box will no longer be
>   able to establish the connection until the debian box and
>   the cable modem are shutdown and reboot.
>
>   Any suggestion on how to avoid the shutdown/reboot ? Thank
>   in advance!

I'd also like to know.  I have the same problem with my cable modem,
somtimes it just loses the ability to talk with the NIC.  I'm going to
try removing and reinserting the module for the NIC into the kernel nex
time in an attempt to reinitialize whatever magic happens when we reboot
but I don't have any high hopes.

--mike