Re: dpkg removal error

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 10:38:50AM -0400, Eileen Orbell wrote:
> I am trying to remove a program that I installed this morning.  The
> program was snort which I downloaded from the unstable distribution.  If
> I do a apt-get remove snort it return the error
>  Ldconfig not found in path
>  NB: roots PATH should contain /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin and ./sbin
> I not that these paths are there.
> Was this because snort required libc6 (>=2.2.3).  I removed this because
> it caused all sort of problems with Sendmail - Apache etc.

Could be you'll need to reinstall ldso from stable, then. Downgrading is
really only supported at the user's risk, as is mixing stable and
unstable packages (you probably needed to upgrade libdb2 too, and there
are lots of complex issues there). You might find it easier to build the
snort source package from unstable on your stable system.