Re: remote administration methods

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 06:54:33PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 05:24:46PM +0200, Martin F. Krafft (madduck@madduck.net) wrote:
> > also sprach Karsten M. Self (on Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:27:54PM -0700):
> > > Have you looked at bitkeeper (http://www.bitkeeper.com/)?  This is an
> > > almost-free software versioning system which addresses several
> > > weaknesses of CVS and might suit your needs.  Larry McVoy is also pretty
> > > keen on distributed processing issues.
> >
> > bitkeeper looks like a good idea, but it's commercial and i do not
> > have monetary means available. aside, i could not find some sort of
> > evaluation, so i could not establish, whether bitkeeper would solve my
> > problems.
>
> BitKeeper has a mixed model.  It's commercial if you use it for
> proprietary tasks (and don't want logging).  It's free (beer) if you use
> it for free software and/or allow its logging.  Either way, source is
> available.

<rant>
I don't understand why semi-commercial software with weird licensing
can be mentioned on debian lists without provoking vitriol from
purists, but mention of any software written by djb does?
</rant>

No flame intended Karsten ... just had to get that off my chest :)

Cheers,

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.