[ Re: LT WinModem and kernel headers]

Guy Geens wrote:

"Paul" == Paul Scott  writes:

Paul> I was trying not to do that but I couldn't find header files
Paul> which seemed to be the exact same version as the kernel that I
Paul> had installed. I did my install from official CD's but I don't
Paul> remember every step. There are supposed to be fout flavors of
Paul> 2.2.19pre17: vanilla, compact, idepci and udma66. I only found
Paul> headers for compact and idepci.

I'm not sure what the differences are between the header packages. Try
using the vanilla one.

Thanks for answering. My point is that I can only find the compact and idepci flavors and not the vanilla flavor which matches my kernel version even at ftp.debian.org.

My next step is to figure where to put the --with-force=yes parameter.

[1] /usr/src has even been deprecated AFAIK.

Please post anything you know about this. The Filesystem Hierarechy Standard doesn't mention this.

Thanks,

Paul