Re: Mozilla: configure menu fonts?

On 12 Aug 2001 02:10:26 -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> I've updated to a recent Mozilla under Woody/testing:
>
> Version: 2:0.9.3-1
>
> Problem:  the menu fonts are all rather larger than I'd like -- appear
> to be Helvetica or Arial, roughly 16 points.  I prefer fixed fonts for
> all menus, at about 10 points.

I had this too, and it was rather annoying. Whilst it is possible to
configure the font sizes that GTK/GNOME programs use, with Mozilla...

I bet you've got the "100 dpi" X fonts installed, correct?

Install and use the 75dpi fonts instead, then you'll get them a nice
size. I myself originally thought that 100 dpi fonts would be better for
my 19" running at 1600x1200, but changed to 75 dpi because everything
was too large.

I suppose with some clever trickery in the .Xdefaults file or so, that
it may be possible to instruct Mozilla to use your 75 dpi fonts, whereas
everything else can make use of the 100 dpi fonts.

John.