how can i copy my pkg choices to another machine?

Hi, guys...

I've been running debian for years, but only on a couple
machines until recently.  Now, I'm setting up a new machine
to replace one of my other machines and wanted to clone the
choices for packages to have installed and then have apt-get
get everything downloaded and installed for me the way I
have it on the other machine.

I've found some files under /var/lib/dpkg that contain
status of packages, but I don't think I'm fully on the
right track.

I've used both dselect and apt-get and am leaning towards
using apt-get for all my package needs these days.

Any advice on how I can do this would be great, as it would
be a pain to go through the packages one-by-one and flag
them (in dselect)...  :)

Thanks!

-Chris