Re: X freezes (was XMMS hanging system?)

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 03:12:40PM -0500, Michael Heldebrant wrote:
> Has the problem stuck with you when you attempted an upgrade or
> downgrade of x?

I'm runnig testing, and this is the latest version of X available
under testing.  I'm not quite willing yet to move into unstable -
I think I'm still too new at this to do that yet, and the dependencies
or X 4.1 would require me to upgrade quite a lot of the sytem to unstable,
it looks like.
I'm not sure how to go about a downgrade - I'm quit sure it can be done
with dselect, but my skills in this area are still rather limited.  A
quick pointer or two would be much appreciated.
Thanks again,
Steve