missing gnumeric dependancies

I attempted to install gnumeric on my woody system and apt errored out. Running apt-get -f install didn't help either and I finally figured out that gnumeric depends on libgal4, which is no longer included in woody.

I searched the woody packages and it appears that libgal was recently upgraded to version 7 in woody but the gnumeric package still depends on the older version. Any idea when gnumeric will be updated or if the package maintainer knows about the problem?