Re: Where to go from here

Frank Zimmermann muttered:
> Colin Bell wrote:
> > I have been trying to get a useful Debian unstallation up for about 5
> > weeks now.  I can get the base system installed but then where do I look
Lots of good suggestions, but for a newbie I'd focus on the docs at
www.debian.org. I found

http://www.debian.org/releases/potato/installguide/

very useful. You _will_ want to learn to use apt and dselect, but
re-running base-config (the 'easy' setup option) is a great way to get
started. In fact, a great way to learn dselect is to install everything
you think you _might_ want with base-config, then use dselect to trim
the fat.

HTH... Paul
--
Paul Mackinney