Re: Kdm, no keyboard input

On Thursday 09 August 2001 10:32, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:
> I just installed kdm and when I boot Kdm comes up on the screen and prompts
> me for a password.  The problem is that I cannot type anything in.  I click
> on the password field and try to type but nothing happens.  I have to
> select "login at prompt" and go to tty1 to login.  Any ideas why this is
> happening?
>
> Lance

If the option 'no echo' is set (K ->  Preferences -> System -> Login Manager)
you won't see anything when you type your password, but the password will be
entered. Have you actually tried typing in whole password with <enter> at the
end? I am not being disrespectful, I just know from personal experience that
silly problems take the longest time to be solved :-).

Cheers,
Slaven