Re: Upgrading of Apache version

Assuming that you really need to upgrade to a source package instead of
waiting for the deb package and assuming you installed the compiled
binaries in /usr/local instead of /usr you should be able to use the
same config files, assuming that they take the same options between
versions.  Make sure that the package doesn't install defaults in /etc
as well.  Make backups before you make install it.  The short answer:
*shrugs shoulders* Try it and see.  As long as it's in /usr/local it
shouldn't pollute the rest of your system.

--mike