Re: ARP requests coming into my computer?

High,

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Lance Peterson wrote:

> I just loaded up ipTraf and there are lots of ARP requests coming into
> eth0 (internet) from many different IP's.  I listed one below.  My cable
> modem light has been blinking non-stop for about 3 days straight now
> and it never did that before.  What's going on?
>
> ARP request for 65.13.144.220 (46 bytes) from 0002fc86cc54 to ffffffffffff
> on eth0

I have this too with my cable modem, since the beginning. It is a very bad
designed and configured network and unless you can convince your cable
company that something is wrong and make them do something about it, it is
just a waste of bandwidth. I have 4-5GB data traffic to my computer while
I only have a 600MB data limit (I say, redesign the network and get rid of
the limits).

Greetz,
Sebastiaan