Re: mysql debs (aaaackkkkk!)

High,

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Tom Foster wrote:

> howdy list,
>
> can someone, speaking slowly, in one-syllable words, outline the
> installation and usage of mysql using apt-get?
>
> I'm asking such a basic question because I'm frustrated.  I've
> compiled it, along with php and apache, but the debs should be
> much easier.
>
> how can I get the three playing together nicely? (well, let's
> just start with mysql!)
 I have no experience with mysql debs, but apt works this way:

apt-cache search mysql

should give you a list of packages that are related to mysql. These look
interesting:
mysql-client - mysql database client binaries
mysql-common - mysql database common files (e.g. /etc/mysql/my.cnf)
mysql-doc - mysql database documentation
mysql-server - mysql database server binaries
php3-cgi-mysql - Mysql module for PHP3 (cgi)
php3-mysql - Mysql module for PHP3 (apache)
php4-mysql - MySQL module for php4
www-mysql - a WWW interface for the TCX mySQL database
php4-cgi-mysql - MySQL module for php4-cgi
<among lots of others>

If you like some, you can install it with:
apt-get install mysql-common mysql-client php4-mysql

it is possible that more packages will be installed to saticfy
dependencies.

To remove:

apt-get remove mysql-client

It is as easy as that.