using dselect for first time...

...and loving it. I like the apt utilities too. I'm a debian newbie, but I've been using the RedHat distribution for years, and slo-aris for many years. Debian appealed to me, so I put it on my laptop. I made a set of potato boot floppies and installed the base system through a pcmcia ethernet card. I pointed to woody and used dselect to make a very usable system. The best part is how easy it will be to manage. I love this distribution!

BTW, I had jittery pointer problems from the built-in touch pad (with XFree86 4.0.3 and sawfish/gnome). The jitter made the gui near impossible to use. I tried the sample rate parameters (included but commented) in the config file, and to my great joy, that fixed it. The mouse is smooth and stable.

-darrin