Re: corrupt /var/lib/dpkg/info

I hozed my var drive once and lost this dir.  I pretty much watched the
sytem slowly fall apart over the next month little by little.  A
reinstall of the system was what fixed it for me.  Just save all of your
/etc files and /home and you should have no problem.  It's a bit of work
but I think it's worth it.
--mike