Re: Upgrade and portmap problems
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Upgrade and portmap problems
- From: Michael Heldebrant <Heldebrant.Michael@mayo.edu>
- Date: 08 Aug 2001 09:36:54 -0500
- Message-id: <997281414.21332.51.camel@forum>
- In-reply-to: <004101c11fea$371adc00$0201a8c0@invasion>
- References: <004101c11fea$371adc00$0201a8c0@invasion>
What are your firewall rules set at?
What do /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny look like?
Is ps aux showing that portmap is running?
Does /var/log/syslog have anything to say about failures to run daemons?
Does /etc/resolv.conf point to static nameservers or are you dialing in
with ppp and friends?
Is this computer the DNS?
On 08 Aug 2001 19:12:09 +1000, Robert Martinovic wrote:
> I really don't know what has happened. I upgraded my debian system last
> night to unstable, and when I booted today, everything seems broken. For
> instance, on bootup, iptables spits out a whole bunch of errors, and I get
> 'portmapper inactive - RPC services unavailable'
> I can log on to the net, but it is useless as no DNS is available. I cannot
> ping another machine on my home lan.
> Help! I have tried everything I could think of
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org