Re: ide-scsi device question

	Subject: ide-scsi device question
	Date: Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 10:26:02PM -0500

Quoting Jeremy(thinker5555@yahoo.com):
> I recently enabled the ide-scsi option in my kernel (and set it up so that
> lilo started it for the right devices) for my cd burner.  I also have the
> generic scsi driver in there.  My burner BURNS just fine, but I was wondering
> what the new device file name is that refers to the device.  I'm mainly just
> looking for the pattern it adheres to.  I can't seem to mount anything in my
> burner or in my regular cdrom drive because the /dev/hdc and /dev/hdd are no
> longer valid for those devices.  I thought it was something like /dev/scd0,
> but I tried several /dev/sd* and scd* files, but none of them worked.
> (unless there's one that I'm missing and not trying)

cdrecord -scanbus  should show you both cd drives, if they were both
done with ide-scsi.

I suggest you read the cdrecord docs.  I use ide-scsi and my cdrw
(/dev/hdc) is at /dev/scd1 and after RTFM, I simlinked cdrw to scd1,
and cdrom (/dev/hdb) to to scd0.  Thay way you can mount either/both
devices. If your wondering why the cdrom is on hdb and the burner on
hdc, the docs will tell you why.
--
You don't have to know how the computer works, just how to work the
computer.