Re: mutt "mail-followup-to" question (was: Re: OT: mysql front end?)

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 10:46:13PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
> If you are runing exim have you checked your /etc/email-addresses?
> in .muttrc what is set reply_to=  ?  Mine is set reply_to=ask-yes

I'm running postfix, not exim.  Here's my ~/.muttrc file:

# watch these groups for new mail
mailboxes ! +debian-user
mailboxes ! +debian-firewall
# ... and some other similar commands, chopped for space considerations

# identify subscribed mailing lists
lists debian-user
lists debian-firewall
# ... again, more "lists" but chopped

# other options
set alias_file=~/.mutt.aliases
set followup_to
source ~/.mutt.aliases
set record=~/Mail/sent-mail
set signature="~/.sig"
set editor="vim %s "
my_hdr Reply-To: Matt Garman <garman@uiuc.edu>

ignore *
unignore date from: to cc subject x-mailer reply-to user-agent
# end of ~/.muttrc

So... I don't know what program is adding that IP address.  That IP
address is a dynamic IP address I get when I dialup my ISP.  Obviously it
changes with every call.

> If you don't have 207.144.202.157 anywhere in your .muttrc ISTM that it
> must be added by exim or whatever MTA you are using.

Hrm... I'll look through my postfix consideration.  Anyone know where or
why postfix might add information to the "Mail-followup-to" header?

Matt

--
Matt Garman, garman@uiuc.edu
"I'll tip my hat to the new constitution, Take a bow for the new revolution