tv capture card problem. Although on my way 2 success

hi there debian ppl,

i want to know if u can give me pointers for the following problem i've
been having (i'm running sid kernel-2.4.7)

this is how far i got trying to configure my Genius Video Wonder Pro TV Card,
i loaded all the modules necesary as specified in
/usr/src/kernel*/Documentation/video4linux/Zoran

they loaded all ok, giving me back satisfying messages, now when i went on
and tried xawtv it ran scantv and i'm getting this message and i can't
make anything out of it

crush:~# scantv
__alloc_pages: 9-order allocation failed.
v4l2: open /dev/video0: No buffer space available
__alloc_pages: 9-order allocation failed.
v4l: open /dev/video0: No buffer space available
no grabber device available

why is this?

on a previous kernel compile (2.4.3) about 2 months ago i've tried 2 make it
work, but when excecuting scantv it just sat there eating all my CPU

Can anyone help me please??
and i hope someone understands what i'm trying to say ;)

TIA